Sunday, January 14, 2018

You Can't Make Them Care

by Janet Elliott Brown

I love you and only want you to think the best of me - no matter what - always. There is nothing more difficult or even more impossible than gaining someones approval that doesn't approve of you. They have already made up their mind about who he thinks you are. No matter what you do, or think, or want/enjoy/dream about something...no matter how you feel - they feel nothing for you. They choose not to approve of you, so there is nothing you can do to change that.  You cannot make them care if they have no empathy or feeling for you. They do not relate, understand or care at all about your emotions....nothing about you touches them. They choose not to acknowledge your interests, desires, etc.

It is so clear now. I never hear your voice on the other end of the line. Your calls do not have my number on them. Your thoughts no longer are released to me on the breath that you take. I will never be that person again. You speak only to the ones you love the most. That isn't me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment