Sunday, January 14, 2018

Tomorrow, I Cannot Wait to Greet You

It is a beautifully cool night & the streets are shimmering with the glow of the city's street lights. The air is crisp and clean and the sky fades from midnight blue to stormy grey and back again. 

Through the fog on my window I watched the night swallow up the day. Taking with it the troubles and disappointments, stress and struggles of everyday life, and leaving the hope of a buoyant heart with the gift of tomorrow. 

As for me, I will lift my eyes to the dark night sky and I will know that the moon and stars are still shining unto the heavens. I will lay down my weary body, close my eyes and open my  heart to the magnificence of the universe. I will sleep under a blanket of peace, on a pillow of faith and I will know the sweet comfort of grace. 

Tomorrow, I cannot wait to greet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment