Sunday, January 14, 2018

Make a New Path by Janet Elliott Brown

Whatever man puts in your way, God will clear away or just make a new path for you. Once upon a time, I thought life got easier the older we get. I was wrong. We just have to learn to keep overcoming. I say to myself, "Be like the water, that takes the path of least resistance. If the rock won't move, simply flow around it." You end up in the same place, but the journey is the reward. Not the destination. But, in the last year, as my health improves, one might think that relationships would improve to a point that there would be no drama or pain. Guess what. Wrong again. When we open ourselves up to allow others into our world, with them comes their problems, drama and baggage. If they have throw out their rocks as we have, that is wonderful. But in my experience, that is rarely the case. So I have gotten very picky and more reclusive when it comes to who I include in my life. It is not that I can't handle it, it is more that I don't want to revert to a place I already dug myself out of. Some say that is selfish, but I am happier and less stressed out and more comfortable in my skin. I don't know what is right for them, but for me, peace and quiet and simple things are what I need to have in order to be who I was born to be. Myself. Stay true to yourself. Hold fast to your peace. Avoid stress and drama. Things will improve. I know this because you deserve only the best! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment